Sunday 8 June 2014

Woman to Woman

Lately I have noticed that more and more women struggle with supporting other women. (Especially in a certain women's support group)
This baffles me. Granted it is not all women, but a good majority.
They seem to have very little tollerence for anyone's support or advice that is being offered, if said advice isn't exactly what they want to hear. Which leads me to the question, why were they even asking for advice in the first place then?
I understand that some women have strong views and opinions, but I don't see the need to make others feel bad about there views if they differ.
And the amount of bashing eachother and belittling is rediculous!
There is definitely one or two that seem to have nothing better to do than to try and make others feel bad about themselves.
Now I'm well aware that the mature thing to do is to leave the group, forget about it, I don't need that in my life.
But there is a part of me that hopes that they will get better, that these women will grow up, learn to treat others as they would have others treat them. And be classy, intelligent women and build each other up, instead of knocking each other down.
Then I hate to admit that there is another small, tiny, minuscule even, part of me that can't turn away. The group is a train wreck, you know you shouldn't, but you have to look.
Occasionally you can get good advice and answers to questions, but the few bad apples seem to be taking over the whole bunch.
As women we need eachother. We need a good girls night every now and then. We need to giggle about silly things while eating junk. Cry at a sad movie and jump and scream at the scary ones together. We need eachother to tell us if our jeans make us look fat, and to share clothes and secrets with.
Our girl fiends, best friends, sisters, mothers, auntes, and grandmothers are our alies, they are the only ones who have any idea what we are going through. Girls need eachother, we are a team, all of us! And a team is only as strong as their weakest player. So it's time we make them all strong! 

No comments:

Post a Comment