Monday 27 April 2015

Yeah, I hiked!


I leaped right out of my comfort zone on Sunday and I  so glad I did!
I seem to have become quite shy over the last thirteen years of working from home, meeting new people isn't easy and when I do I'm so nervous I usually end up babbling like a fool. But seen as I have started a bucket list consisting of numerous things hubby is not interested in and most are not ideal to do alone, I have no choice but to meet new people.
So Sunday I went hiking with 3 new friends, and I think it went pretty good. 
Especially considering me and the great outdoors are not always compatible, the bugs, the uneven ground, the weather, all make it challenging for an introvert, writer such as myself.
But I took myself to outdoor store and bought the fancy hiking pack and the not skiing poles, which generated quite the laugh from the sales guy when I asked for them. And I packed my bag with enough stuff I could have lasted a few days out there, and I headed to Fullerton Loop in Bragg creak. 
It was amazing, the veiw was beautiful, the air was fresh and the sense of accomplishment gave me a high I still haven't come down from. I can't wait to go again!
Now don't get me wrong, I don't plan on doing and mountain climbing, tied to a rock and scaling a cliff, no thank you! But I definitely will be trying more trails and challenging myself a bit more. 
And who knows, maybe I will meet more friends along the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment