Tuesday 19 May 2015

New me.


It hasn't quite been ten months since my surgery, and I feel like a whole new me!
I feel like I was given a second chance at living. Now I know I wasn't dying, I didn't have a major life saving operation per say, but it did change my life. 
I am in the best shape I've been in, in years, I'm happy, I actually like the way I look, which for a female who's had kids, is a big deal!! 
I'm 10lbs lighter and the scale hasn't moved in well over a month, despite my working out, eating smaller portions, and aside from the occasional treat, eating healthy. But that's okay. Sure I'd like to loose another 5lbs at least, but if I don't but I still feel this good, then I'm okay with that.
The scale isn't as important as we all think. The best way to judge your progress is by how you feel, and how your clothes feel.
I have been slowly buying a whole new wardrobe, and it's filled with skirts and dresses. I haven't been able to wear them in years. Not and still feel good in them, I'm ised to covering myself up in stomach hiding sweaters and pants to start and balance out my middle.
Not any more!!! This weekend I purchased 3 dresses alone, and I can't wait to wear them all.
I have even bought bikinis for my upcoming trip to Maui. I haven't worn a bikini since I was 16 years old. 
I know I still have work to do, there is much to be toned, and my cardio is always in need of help, but I hiked up a mountain, I couldn't have done that before surgery. The extra weight on my stomach slowed me down and put stress on my heart. Since surgery, my heart rate has been great and my cardio has benefited substantially.
I'm a whole new me, and I can't wait to experience more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment