Friday 6 June 2014

Balance

After trying so many different diets and failing, I have come to the conclusion that you have to make diet choices that are realistic. Cutting out carbs and going fad, I mean gluten free completely. Is not realistic!
You may do it for a while, but it won't last. It can't, life will get in the way. So my theory is, cut down, not out!
I only cut out the things I will not miss/don't really like all that much anyway. Like spaghetti, or MacDonald's. 
Lowering carb intake is okay. Cutting it out completely will leave you tiered, hungry, constipated, and miserable. You will eventually give that up and gain more weight than you lost in the first place. 
Making a healthy lifestyle choice is far better than dieting!
Lower your salt intake drastically!
Use a measuring cup to monitor carbs.
And have one treat day a week instead of one treat a day. 
Use smaller plates and drink more water. Lemmon water is great. And if you struggle drinking water (like I do) use a cup with a straw it's easier.
Try making your own juices. I use the nutribullet, I don't like pulp so I strain it and make muffins or Popsicles with the pulp.
All the changes you make are going to make difference, how much of a difference depends on how committed you are. I was working out for well over a year and frankly wasn't getting anywhere. I would loose a pound then gain two. Loose four and gain back three. It was totally frustrating.
I haven't been able to work out for almost six months now due to a foot injury. I have been watching what I eat like crazy, lowering portions and eliminating foods I didn't care about eating. I've been impressed at how much that makes a difference. Considering I've barley been able to walk around the house, let alone go for a walk or run on the treadmill I should have gained weight, at least a few pounds and surprisingly I haven't. I have actually lost two pounds.
I think what you eat has a huge impact on your weight, far more than I ever realized.
If I go out for dinner I still try to eat somewhat healthy. But I occasionally splurge on dessert and I don't really guilty at all. I tend to share the dessert at least, but truthfully I couldn't eat a whole meal and dessert in one sitting anyway. 
It's all about balance, at the end of the day, you do want to be thin and miserable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment